Yemaya, mistress and Lady of the water and Queen of the sea, essential source of life. Orisha greater Universal mother principle. Considered as the mother of all the Orishas. Also referred to Olokun, Yenbo and Yemú. Olokun is basis of Yemaya, the largest of roads, is the Orisha of procreation.
Attributed to Yemayá Iyá Moayé, mother of the world, Ife-Ife, sacred city of the Yoruba creation. Festivities last for several days. The toned songs and dances in their honor are the most beautiful of the Yoruba pantheon. It is said that the Saint was born of the sea. The Earth as we know it was transported on a shell and also the shellcreatures on the tasks that should be performed.
There are wood-carved figures depicting her as a beautiful woman pregnant, full of life, with very large breasts. This image also symbolizes fertility that allowed him to be the mother of all the Orishas.
Yemaya is a woman beautiful, of medium height, black as coal, with completely curly hair. Mother admirable, brave imposing, witch fearsome, but loving, human and complacent. Attentive and deferential. It is just as Obatala reigns sovereign of a matriarchal Government.
She is comprehensive, intelligent and loving with their children and is also an involvement grandmother who lets Oshun in their care. Ibeyis, sons of Oshun and Shango and Oshé Adéu Son of Oshun and Orunmila.
She is Orisha of creativity and nature. Sea shells are born and it that is why within the religion is together with his sons the true shell.
She is kind and noble with their children, who has great patience. But when not calm anything, gets angry when this happens it causes calamities to the person who offended her.
She was wife of Babalu Aye, Aggayú, Orula and Oggun. She likes to hunt, cut grass and handle the machete. She is astute and indomitable. Her punishments are harsh and your anger is terrible, but righteous.
Whoever has her crowned should not utter her name without first touching the ground with the fingertips and kissing them traces of powder. All the Orishas are born of Yemaya and therefore participate in the ceremony of the River, where also lives Oshun.
"-Yemonya in Life Giving Waters"
mixed media on masonite-2006
- emmetttrill reblogged this from divinemoon
- emmetttrill likes this
- bsuga09 likes this
- sirobtep likes this
- elgitanoblr likes this
- groovedmaster likes this
- mindlessmaelstrom reblogged this from jonilover
- mindlessmaelstrom likes this
- jonilover reblogged this from wwwbeautifullensecom
- ojayf reblogged this from wwwbeautifullensecom
- fortheloveofnubia reblogged this from wwwbeautifullensecom
- ksolo713 likes this
- ojayf likes this
- wwwbeautifullensecom reblogged this from restlessandcr8ive
- wwwbeautifullensecom likes this
- poetryandbalms likes this
- loveintheillawarra likes this
- enemy0gene reblogged this from magia-afro-latino
- magia-afro-latino reblogged this from divinemoon
- ifelloffagain likes this
- thoughtsofafallenpharaoh likes this
- transglobalsoul reblogged this from divinemoon
- transglobalsoul likes this
- iamkinetic reblogged this from divinemoon
- booksbatsblogs likes this
- mythologycurator reblogged this from divinemoon
- marie-moonchild reblogged this from divinemoon
- marie-moonchild likes this
- mybluberrynights likes this
- jadeinez reblogged this from restlessandcr8ive
- restlessandcr8ive reblogged this from divinemoon
- restlessandcr8ive likes this
- queentron likes this
- elevatingme likes this
- yurdle reblogged this from divinemoon
- 7dropina reblogged this from sugawata
- sugawata reblogged this from divinemoon
- sugawata likes this
- voodoo-baby-e likes this
- voodoo-baby-e reblogged this from divinemoon
- lefoxdenoir reblogged this from eshu13
- eshu13 reblogged this from fyeahwitches
- eshu13 likes this
- jake-anthony likes this
- almamichelle reblogged this from thewyldehunt
- almamichelle likes this
- thewyldehunt likes this
- thewyldehunt reblogged this from fyeahwitches
- fyeahwitches reblogged this from gothkemetic
- genius-chile likes this