What is the Ase or Axe?
The meaning of the word Ase is the name given by the Yoruba to the life force… Segun Maupoil (quoted by e. dos Santos, 1986) ase is magical and the invisible force sacred of all divinity, all to be lively, of all things… Does not appear spontaneously. Accurate to be transmitted. Any change of realization in the existence depends of the Ase… And, as to force some laws it obeys:
(1) It is absorbable, weared, manufactured and cumulative.
(2) Can be transmitted through certain material elements of certain substances.
(3) Once transferred by those substances to beings or objects are maintained and renewed the power of realization.
(4) Can be applied to different purposes.
(5) Qualities vary according to the combinations of elements which constitute and these in turn are carriers of a certain load, an energy in particular which gives you true power of preparation. The Ase of the Orisa, for example, it is re-supplied through offerings and rituals, transmitted through the initiation and activated by individual behaviour and rituals.
(6) Can decrease or increase.
The Ase is located in a wide variety of elements of the animal, vegetable and mineral Kingdom. It is in fresh water and salt water, earth elements… Two Elbein Santos (1986) presents a classification of the Ase in different categories: blood vermelho, branco blood and blood preto.
The animal Kingdom or blood vermelho includes blood properly said, animal and human, including menstrual flow. The plant Kingdom, including epo, oil dendê, or osun, powder vermelho extracted from pterocarpus erinacesses, honey, blood of flowers. As for the blood branco, included the animal Kingdom, or breath, or plasma, or semen, saliva, sweat or other secretions… The vegetable Kingdom, Sage, juice, alcohol, the white beverage extracted from the Palm or some vegetables, the iyerosun, etc… The mineral Kingdom, the gold, the silver, the minerals in general… Preto blood comprises, the animal Kingdom, the viscera of animals… The vegetable, the dark juice of certain plants, or ilu, dark blue indigo extracted from different types of trees, the blue powder called waji; the mineral Kingdom, coal, iron…
To be able to act, the ASE must be transmitted via a particular combination containing material and symbolic representations of branco, the vermelho and Preto, the aye and orun, this is competition from Oracle and defined by it, the required composition of the well to be implanted and restored.
Animal, vegetable or mineral - blood is the substance necessary for the restoration of the force. All ritual, is an offering, a process initiatic or consecration, performs an implant strength and revitalization… He that liveth to perform or carry out accurate of as well… And this is achieved through the replacement, which is necessary and is obtained through practice ritual that since the times of creation it is performed.
The importance of regularity in the rites resides in the presence of the supernatural entities and this is favored by the activity of the ritual, and this practice opportunity for transfer and redistribution of the ASE.
The real religious difference is not the difference between worship those who give and those who do not, but between those who love and those who do not love… Among those who possess a true and authentic Ase, since not all who claim to be priests and priestesses Orissa-Ifa have Ase to convey, because they were born of those who never had it, and therefore have never received it… Here is one of the consequences of false initiations… This is why in a family or traditional religious lineage, the Ase that spreads from head to head, is the Arabah from that lineage, because it was the natural heir of the Ase from that lineage and, therefore, is the actual carrier of the same…
The individual Ase is possible as a divine attribute of the sky, but this Ase is not transmissible to others as you think, just for being an Ase individually and not collectively… Only the collective Ase, which radiates to the religious family or lineage, is one that can be transmitted and powered… That is why a / a babalawo or iyaonifa devoid of religious family - or for various reasons abandon his origin-, lost the intensity and strength of the Ase acquired by initiation within the context of the religious family, because adoptive families do not transmit Ase these people… That is why yoruba never leaves his religious family.
- agirlnamedkwame likes this
- elevatingme likes this
- ancient-song-doula-services likes this
- javierchajon reblogged this from ynannarising
- starcrystal-healing likes this
- martianwritings likes this
- laskyce likes this
- la-lobalita reblogged this from ynannarising
- mariyahss likes this
- addistwaalem reblogged this from ynannarising
- afutureancient likes this
- ynannarising reblogged this from stingr
- ynannarising likes this
- v-v-f likes this
- stingr reblogged this from divinemoon
- oshun21 likes this
- kinkytiara likes this
- the1nonlygeo likes this
- stingr likes this
- divinemoon posted this